Award Administration Training (AAT) NSW
Please note: advanced bookings are essential. Important pre-training tasks and information are only emailed to those who have booked into the Training day.
The NSW Award Operating Authority conducts AAT for Award Leaders and Assistant Award Leaders involved in running The Duke of Ed in NSW.
It is mandatory for all Award Leaders to complete AAT so that they are fully aware of the implications and responsibilities involved with operating the Duke of Ed. Award Leaders who have previously attended AAT may attend as a refresher to keep updated with changes to The Duke of Ed in NSW.
Award Leaders in regional areas can complete a tele-training session if they are unable to attend training at Sydney Olympic Park.
- Award history, organisational structure and key principles
- Award levels, Sections, activities, fees and insurance
- Participant registration, including Parental Consent and Participant Award Planning
- Assessor procedures, inc. information regarding changes to NSW Child Protection requirements
- Adventurous Journey requirements
- Introduction to accepting, managing and signing off participants on the Online Record Book (ORB).
Dates for Term 1, 2016:
- Thursday February 25
- Friday February 26
- Wednesday March 2 (Regional Award Leader Tele-Training)
- Tuesday March 8
- Wednesday March 9
- Wednesday March 16 (Regional Award Leader Tele-Training)
- Wednesday March 30
- Thursday March 31
Time & Location
Training will run from 9:30am – 4:00pm. Registration opens from 9:00am. Training sessions will be held at 6 Figtree Drive, Sydney Olympic Park. Parking is available on-site.
Cost & Bookings
AAT is free! Refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day. Please advise of any special dietary requirements during booking. To book over the phone, call 13 13 02 OR complete the online Award Administration Training Booking form.
For more information contact the NEW SOUTH WALES office
Tel: 131 302 (Prompt 4)
For more information please contact your Award Leader or SOUTH AUSTRALIAN office on
Tel: 02 8241 1530
For more information please contact your Award Leader or AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY office
Tel: 02 6291 1705
For more information please contact your Award Leader or NT office on
Tel: 08 8947 7071
For more information please contact your Award Leader or the TASMANIA office on
Tel: 0422 110 401