Do Your Activities
- Keep at your activities for the required time. Pursue your goals. Don’t forget to do your activities regularly (at least 1 hour per week or 2 hours per fortnight). In the case of service, this may be four hours per month (in block time periods where project based service warrants this) dependent on Award Leader approval.
- Adventurous Journey training and preparation, go on your practice journey(s) and do your qualifying journey.
- Remember to keep your Record Book up to date and to keep your Assessors and Award Leader informed of your progress.
- Try to keep a journal or diary. You may like to take photos, shoot video, or record a soundtrack.
- Get your Assessors to complete their final assessment report and sign off that Section when you have finished the activity. NOTE: You may finish your activities at different times. Make sure you contact each Assessor at the time of completing each Section.
Achieving your Award
- Submit your Online Record Book to the Award Leader for approval once all Sections are completed by both you and your Assessors.
- Await final assessment and sign-off by your Award Leader. Note, Gold Awards are subject to a further review process by a State/Territory Award Operating Authority.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have achieved your Award.
Whats Next ?
On completing the Award, Participants will receive a certificate and badge as recognition and acknowledgement of their achievement. This is usually presented at an Award ceremony.
More information on Gold Award Ceremonies
We encourage Participants to continue on to the next level of the Award and challenge themselves. Once Participants have completed their Gold Award, they can register with the Duke of Ed Alumni
When you complete a Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award you instantly become an important part of The Duke of Edinburgh Alumni Community. In the past 50 years over 700,000 Australians have completed an Award and globally over 8 million ! Join Today
We’d love to hear about your time doing the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award. Full details here.