The National Office based in the Sydney CBD is currently recruiting for a Part Time Marketing and Administration Assistant (2-3 days per week)
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the world’s leading youth achievement Award empowering young people to realise their full potential and build a brighter future.
In Australia, over 700,000 young Australians have completed an Award since the program commenced here in 1962. The Award is an exciting complement to formal education. As governments recognise the value of enterprise, community awareness, employability skills and fitness among young people, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Australia challenges young people in all these areas.
The Australian National Award Office provides the leadership and enabling environment for the State & Territory Award offices (Divisions) to deliver the Award to over 24,000 new Participants annually through 1200 Award Units and some 80,000 volunteers.
This role incorporates plenty of variety and will suit an energetic, passionate and organised person with strong communication, administrative and time management skills.
Reporting to the Communications Manager and working closely with the CEO and Finance Manager this role will ensure this small but efficient team stay on top of administrative, records management and general marketing and communication tasks. The role offers the flexibility of part-time work, and can provide an opportunity to grow and expand your skills and knowledge in your business career.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Communications Manager in updating copy and content on the charity’s website and social media sites e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Assisting in the writing and publishing of quarterly supporter newsletters and Alumni emails
- Minute taking during quarterly Board meetings
- Assisting with all incoming calls including Online Record Book and Open Award Centre enquiries
- Administrative tasks relating to the organising of meetings & events
- Assisting in document management including occasional proof reading, formatting, approvals and file management
- Maintaining the national document register
- Database management – updating records and adding in new contacts as required
- Liaising with State and Territory offices and PR agency
- Maintaining the Registered Activity Provider register
Skills and Experience
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Understanding of and experience in social media – Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn preferred
- A high level of accuracy in clerical and administrative tasks with a very keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with people at senior levels
- Ability to manage sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to identify priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be able to multitask and prioritise
Download the full position description here:
If you’re looking to embrace a challenge within a supportive environment and believe that you can add value to our team, then please email a covering note with your CV which outlines why this role appeals to you to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 8th January with interviews to be held Monday 11th- Wednesday 13th January 2016.
This position is not suitable for temporary visa holders.
Applicants who have completed The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award should note this in their applications.